1/21/2008

Running Report: Week 2

Learned something very important last week. There is--apparently--a *reason* that distance is built gradually. Our six-mile run last Sunday left me with a very sore knee/hamstring. Live and learn.

In any event, one of my running friends sent me a link to a half-marathon training schedule, and I'm following that now. (And the six-mile run doesn't actually take place until week 5...) I thought about starting over and calling THIS week "week 1" since I am just that anal. But I've talked myself out of doing that because it seems confusing.

Recap of this week's runs:

Tuesday: 2+ on treadmill
Wednesday: 3+ with my friend K, who is WAY faster than I am. Running with her kicks my butt.
Friday: 2+ on treadmill
Sunday: 4 on treadmill

Planned for this week:
Monday: 2.3 miles to train station (I'm taking the train home today and figured I could work a run in by running to the next train stop.)
Wednesday: Run w/ K
Friday: 3 miles
Sunday: 4 miles (redux)

Fascinating stuff, I know.

No comments: