1/28/2008

Running Report: Week 3

Recap of last week's plan vs. actual mileage:

Monday
Planned: 2.3 miles ; actually ran: 2.3 miles

Wednesday

Planned: Run w/ K; actually ran: 2.5 miles inside (snow outside)

Friday
Planned: 3 miles; actually ran: 2.6 miles

Sunday
Planned: 4 miles (redux); actually ran: 4 miles

Basically cut two of this week's runs short so as not to further antogonize my hamstring, which actually feels pretty decent after yesterday's long run, so hopefully it is on the mend. I've also had a *wicked* cold/flu since Thursday, so I'm giving myself props for even running at all on Friday and Sunday.

This week marks my second week of following the Hal Higdon half-marathon plan, and it's basically a repeat of last week. However, since I've now done 2 four-mile "long" runs, I may bump this week's long to five miles--probably depending on the weather since I think a five-mile run on the treadmill would be akin to torture.

Worth Noting
The city actually PLOWS the lakefront path, which totally rocks. Of couse, the two miles (out and back) that Dean and I ran of it yesterday afforded no actual views of the lake.

I bought new running shoes this weekend in the vain hope that too-small shoes are cauing my knee/hamstring issues. They'll make their debut tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Planned for this week:
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: 2 miles
Wednesday: crosstraining
Thursday: 3 miles
Friday: 3 miles
Saturday: crosstraining
Sunday: 4/5 miles, depending on weather

No comments: