1/30/2008

Got Milk?

It started with a trip to the museum, where we saw a display featuring a mother pig nursing her piglets. I said something in passing to Sadie about how the piggies were nursing just like she used to.

The next morning, Sadie came into my bedroom, plopped down on the floor with her blankie and said, "Could you nurse me?" I almost thought I imagined it since she promptly dropped the subject after that.

Then yesterday morning, I went to get her out of her crib. Again: "Can we nurse?" I told her that I don't have any milk left. She asked, "Why not?" I explained that I was only making milk as long as she was nursing, and since she had stopped a while ago, there was no more milk left.

That must have satisfied her, as she just walked away to do something else.

Sadie finally noticed that I weaned her. And it only took her FOUR months.

Some recent photos:
Sadie channels Jane Fonda












Lately, the girls are very interested in helping me cook. And I've discovered that if I give them both a little water and measuring cups, I can occupy them for 30 minutes!























At the museum:












This is Ella making her "astronaut" face:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Apparently, Ella and I have similar astronaut faces.