2/09/2009

20*

For the first time in a few weeks, I broke 20. This had a whole lot to do with the fact that the weather was blessedly mild. Maybe there is hope for my marathon effort yet--assuming the summer months are not rife with ice and snow and sub-zero temps!

The week ended up looking like this:

Tuesday: 2.5 miles
Wednesday: 4.25 miles
Thursday: Off
Friday: 4 miles
Saturday: 7.3 miles
Sunday: 3 miles

During Saturday's long run, it occurred to me that between the Lakefront 10, Chicago 13.1, and the Chicago Marathon, I'm basically looking at solid training from now through October. The races are spaced so that as soon as Lakefront (4-25) is over, I've got to start training for 13.1 (6-7). Then Chicago Marathon training typically starts in June (I think).

With that in mind, I've considered the possibility of starting a separate running blog. But I just don't know that I have enough to say to keep two blogs going. Or, you know, enough interest in what I have to say to keep people reading two blogs. As it is, I feel like I'm talking to myself here half the time anyway.


(*Editor's note: Yes! Another number-themed title!)

No comments: