Valentine's Day is coming up, so I figured the time was right for a tale of sisterly love.
Yesterday, Ella was being incredibly crabby. SUPER DUPER crabby. When she gets in that mood, she seriously reminds me of a moody teenager. And I think, I need to move to South America before this child becomes a teen! Seriously, I might. Promise you won't look for me.
So anyway, Ella is playing on the computer, and she said something snarky to me. Here is the conversation that ensued.
Mommy: Ella, WHY are you so crabby?
Sadie: Because I'm SO annoying.
Yes, I'll admit, I totally laughed out loud. And then, of course, I did tell Sadie that she is not annoying. I couldn't even figure out where she had heard that from.
Later, the girls were standing next to each other in the kitchen, and I heard Ella whisper to Sadie, "You are SO annoying."
Lovely. This kind of sisterly love could bring tears to a mother's eyes.
(Editor's Note: In all honestly, the girls do love each other to pieces, and I'm actually astounded by how much they play together lately. I brought Sadie to school last week, and Ella was petting her like she was her most prized possession. The love, it's there. It's just not always *visible* to the naked eye--or ear!)
liam's college graduation!
2 months ago





No comments:
Post a Comment