The personal blog, an ongoing diary or commentary by an individual, is the traditional, most common blog. Personal bloggers usually take pride in their blog posts, even if their blog is never read by anyone but them. Blogs often become more than a way to just communicate; they become a way to reflect on life or works of art. Blogging can have a sentimental quality.
In other words, you are basically reading my diary. Sure, I left said diary open on the dresser for you to read. But it's essentially a diary just the same.
I posted something eons ago (December, to be exact) that seems to have created quite a stir. I wish I'd known sooner that it was the subject of so much distress because I could have cleared things up pretty easily and quickly. Unfortunately, I wasn't given the opportunity to do so. I'll say now for the sake of my own karma that I apologize if anyone was offended or upset. The post in question was not about anyone who actually READS my blog, and that's the only reason I chose this forum in which to vent.
This blog started as a place for me to keep track of my life with my children. Over time, this blog has evolved so that it is as much about me as it is about the girls, which I suppose is fitting since I'm a significant part of who my girls are. Someday, when the girls are old enough, I will share these blog posts with Ella and Sadie so they can reminisce about their childhood and also come to know my experiences with motherhood.
In short, this blog is for me and for them. I certainly hope you find it interesting. I certainly hope you find it entertaining. But do bear in mind that I very rarely censor myself here. Anything contained herein is an opinion. So, for instance, if I write about how irritating I find people who talk on their cell phones at the gym and you happen to BE one of those people, my blog post is not a PERSONAL attack against you. Chances are, if you read my blog, I know you and like you and won't hold the cell phone thing against you. (But seriously, that's really annoying, so if you do that, you should stop!)
Here's another thing: Before you assume I'm talking about *you*, it doesn't hurt to ask. I have a lot of friends. I have a lot of family. Heck, I've even had a lot of nannies. So if I use a generic term like "family" or "friend" or "nanny" or "neighbor," you might want to ask me whether I was talking about you specifically before getting all pissed off about it. If you can't read what I have to say without being offended and holding a grudge, I suggest you not visit.
I sincerely hope that you enjoy my blog. I hope that you enjoy reading about my life with my girls. I even hope that you enjoy my endless posts about running and marathons and training plans (though believe me, I would completely understand if you do not!). I hope you enjoy learning more about what I'm thinking and feeling. But really, if you don't, don't read my blog. It's super simple. And if you have a problem or question about something I've written, just ASK. I'd prefer to know that something I said upset you rather than hearing about it months later.
I've thought about creating a separate blog so that this one would essentially be *just* about the girls. But the thing is that every single part of my life: the running, the working, the mom thing, is intertwined with every other part of my life. It's impossible to separate out just the girls or just the running or just the personal stuff. I also considered changing my blog address and sharing it more selectively. But that seemed like a lot of work for no good reason. So for better or worse, it's all here. Take it or leave it, but don't say I didn't warn you.





No comments:
Post a Comment