Young Sadie has developed quite an affinity for the Ramones lately. It all started with "I Wanna Be Sedated," but she quickly came to love "Sheena Is a Punk Rocker" (with the lyrics changed to "Sadie Is a Punk Rocker"), followed by "Judy Is a Punk" and "Blitzkreig Bop." We were listening to all of these in the car last week, and when we got home, Sadie began screaming "Hey, ho, let's go!" at the top of her lungs. Now she will declare that she likes the Ramones so much that she wants to be a Ramone when she grows up. Which.... I think that would be cooler than growing up to be a Princess. So we'll see. In the meantime, I've taken to calling her a "punk rocker," which she likes okay except that she always feels the need to clarify: "But I'm a GIRL punk rocker." Indeed. It's certainly necessary for my tutu-bedecked, ballet-slipper-wearing two-year-old to clarify that she is a girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment