2/25/2009

Sick of It

So it's the end of February, a time when I would guess most people are so freaking tired of winter. Tired of being trapped in the house. Tired of dealing with snow and ice. Tired of coats and boots. Tired of not being to get their long runs in because of low temperatures and crappy road conditions (okay, this one might just be me and my dad!). And now, to add insult to injury, the Plague has hit our house. Ella came down with a high fever on Saturday (just two days after my pediatrician--whom I love dearly but whose neck I would like to wring right about now!) proclaimed that we'd have such a great, healthy winter since she hadn't seen us since August. Way to jinx us, Doc!! So Ella has had a fever of 102+ since Saturday and is incredibly whiny. Incredibly. Whiny. So whiny, in fact, that I'm ready to cut my own ears off. She has not been to school this week so far. And then on Tuesday, she started complaining about her ear hurting, which added lots and lots of crying to the lots and lots of whining. One doctor visit and a $25 copay later, Ella was diagnosed with a "bad" ear infection. She's on antibiotics now but still looks incredibly tired and has a terrible cough. No fever today, but she's still home from school. And of course--as luck would have it--there's a freaking teacher institute day on Friday, so if Ella goes to school at all this week, it will be for one day.

Now Dean is sick. And this morning, Sadie kept telling us she felt like she was going to throw up. I'm pretty sure it was for dramatic effect as she SEEMED perfectly fine. She has no fever yet. But what are the odds she'll avoid it? And with Ella this sick for an entire week, I definitely don't have the energy reserves to deal with ANOTHER sick and whiny child for ANOTHER week.

I might run away from home.

2 comments:

Holli said...

Just hope YOU don't get sick! I've been sick for the last few days, and it's way harder (read: impossible) for them to get by with less of me than it would be for me to care for them. I hope you and Sadie stay healthy. Will this winter never end?!?

Lucky1304 said...

I know. That's my big thing now. If Sadie gets sick or if I get sick, I'm seriously going to lose my shit. I'm honestly close to it already!!