I followed up the bike ride with a four-mile run. We headed to my aunt's house after naps (in truth, only Sadie actually napped). My cousin was born on the fourth of July, so we typically spend the fourth celebrating his birthday. It was particularly nice this year, as it gave our family the chance to get together on a happier note after all the mourning of the wake and funeral last week. My grandfather was in town from Florida for the wake and such, so we enjoyed the added bonus of getting to spend some time with him. The girls swam and bounced and rode bikes, stopping only ever-so briefly for dinner and cake.
On Saturday, Dean went off to mountain bike with our friend T (aren't I a great wife??) while I took the girls to the farmer's market at the zoo to meet up with T's wife and two kids. Ella and Sadie had a blast playing with little T (whom they call "baby T") while C and I purchased some vegetables and fruits from the market. I bought some awesome sourdough bread, sweet rolls, zucchini, and blueberries. I love me some farmer's market!
After the farmer's market, we walked over to the farm at the zoo, and the kids enjoyed visits with their favorite farm animals.
Sunday began with an eight-mile run for me, followed by naps (again, just Sadie) and a very disappointing *attempt* at a trip to the beach. Traffic was backed up all the way to the entrance, and that should have been our first clue. After driving around in the baking heat for 30 minutes, we finally gave up and headed to my mom's for dinner. The girls splashed in a wading pool and the sprinkler, but I'm not sure Sadie ever fully got over the devastation of missing out on the beach. We'll try again this weekend. For future reference, though: Never ever ever try to go to the beach on a beautiful sunny afternoon at the end of a holiday weekend. Such attempts will only end in heartbreak. Please learn from our mistakes!
Some photos:





No comments:
Post a Comment