Between Sadie's hives (which appear to be of unknown origin since a spot test of sunscreen showed no reaction) and a minor medical issue with Ella that cropped up yesterday and caused a few hours of (unnecessary) worry, along with my search for an affordable and quality daycare for Sadie, plus--you know--having a full-time job and a half-marathon to train for, not to mention the various dental appointments and haircut appointments and doctor's appointments and such I seem to have to manage on behalf of the girls, I'm feeling fairly exhausted and overwhelmed this week. The sudden insomnia I seem to be suffering is absolutely not helping. Sadie's weird and mysterious rash is gone, so that's one thing I can cross off my list. But I still need to tour at least one more daycare for Sadie. Plus, Ella is long overdue for follow-ups with her orthopedist (whom she sees for her now long-resolved hip dysplasia) and her ENT (whom she should see once more for her now long-fallen-out ear tubes). And both girls have dental appointments this week, which should be a high point.
Switching back to daycare after having the girls with a nanny for the past few years is going to cause some anxiety and confusion (mostly for me). And I'm still not loving the idea of Ella being in school from about 7 to 4:30 every day. Or the thought of how much juggling and shuffling it's going to take to get these two and then myself to their/my various destinations each workday morning (which is mostly why we switched to a nanny in the first place). And don't get me started on the whole "maybe they'd be better off if I were home with them" thing, which seems to creep up on a semiregular basis.
It's like being on the Tilt-A-Whirl all over again. This ride is making me dizzy! Will someone please let me off?
liam's college graduation!
2 months ago





No comments:
Post a Comment