7/30/2008

The Running Skirt

Okay, so this is not directly related to the girls--except possibly remotely since I am willing to bet that if Ella ever does take up running, she will most definitely be a fan of the running skirt. As it is currently, neither girl is a fan of anything I own that is even remotely running-related. "You're going running AGAIN?" is the refrain of our summer.

In any case, the girls did get me a running skirt from Target for Mother's Day, which I ended up returning because it made me feel far too fancy for running. Plus, it totally rode up. Not what I'm looking for in running gear.

But this month, Runner's World featured a review of running skirts, and I figured I'd give it another shot. This is probably a rather girly approach to running, but I'm already trying to figure out what I'll wear for the Half in September.

Anyhow, I ordered four different skirts from my favorite online running store, and we have a winner! I'm a big, big fan of the Brooks Running Skort. It makes me feel fast, sporty, and cute--which I figure are a good combination of things when running. Plus, it has the BEST pockets of any running gear I own. I will give it two thumbs up.

I just ordered another running skirt from a different online store and hope it will warrant such rave reviews.

No comments: