When it comes to being a wife, I probably fall short in a few areas. For one thing, I am not the world's best cook (as evidenced by the struggle the broiler and I had last night). Of course, this isn't the 1950s, so this one can probably be overlooked. I'm sure I have other shortcomings as well, which Dean can feel free to provide at his convenience. But the one I'm thinking about right now is the fact that I am apparently not a very good driver. The poor, poor Mazda already has a few unsightly scratches on it, and though Dean hasn't said as much out loud, I am aware that he believes these to have been inflicted by me.
To top it off, I somehow drove through tar yesterday (the Edens is under construction, and I couldn't tell where my exit started, so I think I exited too early, hence the tar). I took the car through the car wash this morning to no avail. I spent a few frantic hours thinking that maybe the tar was permanent, and surely such a miscarriage of joint car ownership is grounds for divorce.
Luckily, a trip to one of my favorite places in all the land (Target--I was there Monday, too, and got a nifty dress!) turned up a product specifically called "bug and tar remover." So apparently I am not the only idiot to have driven through great big piles of tar. Good to know!
The bug and tar remover worked like a charm. And the girls had fun "helping" to clean the car. Eventually they both ended up naked (save diaper/underwear). Does anyone know at what age the naked child thing is no longer cute/acceptable? I'm thinking Ella might be dangerously close to the line. If I weren't such a slacker of a mom (which is a topic for another post), I'd probably try to put a stop to it....
As for the wife thing, I happen to have many, many fine qualities that make up for the areas where I fall short. I'm sure Dean will jump right in to list these ASAP. If by some chance he does not, I will be back another day to tell you all the ways I am the world's best wife. Stay tuned.
To top it off, I somehow drove through tar yesterday (the Edens is under construction, and I couldn't tell where my exit started, so I think I exited too early, hence the tar). I took the car through the car wash this morning to no avail. I spent a few frantic hours thinking that maybe the tar was permanent, and surely such a miscarriage of joint car ownership is grounds for divorce.
Luckily, a trip to one of my favorite places in all the land (Target--I was there Monday, too, and got a nifty dress!) turned up a product specifically called "bug and tar remover." So apparently I am not the only idiot to have driven through great big piles of tar. Good to know!
The bug and tar remover worked like a charm. And the girls had fun "helping" to clean the car. Eventually they both ended up naked (save diaper/underwear). Does anyone know at what age the naked child thing is no longer cute/acceptable? I'm thinking Ella might be dangerously close to the line. If I weren't such a slacker of a mom (which is a topic for another post), I'd probably try to put a stop to it....
As for the wife thing, I happen to have many, many fine qualities that make up for the areas where I fall short. I'm sure Dean will jump right in to list these ASAP. If by some chance he does not, I will be back another day to tell you all the ways I am the world's best wife. Stay tuned.






3 comments:
1. The broiler just sucks, nobody can use it properly.
2. You are much better at cleaning and organizing the house
3. You are really good at cleaning and organizing the girls
4. I could make a longer list, but it's probably best summed up by saying that you are very beautiful, kind, loving, and caring in all aspects of life every day, and I can't imagine life without you.
Well, shucks!
aww you guys make me sick ;)
Post a Comment