8/12/2008

I Spy with My Little Eye....

I don't know how much time you've spent playing "I Spy" (the glorious car game where each person takes a turn picking an item, naming the color, and letting eveyone else in the car guess what they're looking at), but we've certainly been playing more than our fair share lately. Like the third or fourth game of Candy Land, I Spy gets VERY old after a while. But nevertheless, we play it to ensure the peace and happiness of the people in charge of us (i.e., Ella and Sadie).

Ella's latest I Spy hint goes something like this:

I spy with my little eye something that is small and annoying.

-or-

I spy with my little eye something that really likes me a lot but that is small and annoying.


Anyone care to guess what this "thing" might be??

If you guessed "Sadie," give yourself a pat on the back!!

[Editor's note: It's worth mentioning that we do not refer to Sadie as a "thing" around our house. Though I do sometimes refer to her as a "maniac"--a moniker that Sadie has more than earned--to which she always replies, "No, I'm not a maniac. I'm Sadie!"]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Audrey and I play this game non-stop in the van. You gotta do what you gotta do.

I laughed out loud at Ella's clue. I have to say though....I thought she was talking about you (sorry!), so no pat on the back for me.

Laurie

Lucky1304 said...

Gee thanks, Laurie!! But I'm not small....

I always think that Ella could just as easily be referring to herself.

Also, Dean pointed out last night that what she actually says is "something that is annoying sometimes." So I guess Sadie isn't always annoying.

Anonymous said...

I think adding in "sometimes" is HUGE! Sadie is totally doing her job as a younger sister if she sneaks in some annoying now and then.

Audrey tells me I'm annoying for some reason or another about 5 times per week (she skips a day now and then), and I'm sure that's why I automatically thought of you.

I met you. You are small. You're going to have to come to terms with that fact.

xoxoxo
Laurie