It's been a downer of a week, and I'm sure this blog hasn't been much fun to read. So here is a list of things that are good, in no particular order:
1. The library now offers downloadable audio books for ipods (it used to be that you could not use the library Overdrive files on ipods--only on MP3 players). I dig listening to audio books while I run.
2. Despite the fact that I'm on the brink of being overscheduled, I am actually pretty excited about all the books to which I am currently assigned.
3. Sadie seems to be doing okay emotionally at home. She recovers from the trauma of daycare tears pretty quickly, asking me yesterday, "How old do I need to be to swim underwater?" Today she said, "Little kids can't drink beer and pop. But some little kids can drink soda." This prompted a long discussion about what little kids can and can not drink. This kid. I've just spent my entire day worrying about her emotional trauma and we're not even in the car for five minutes before she's up to her not-s0-subtle attempts to get me to agree to let her have beer. One of her favorites is to ask me really casually if she can taste my beer--like if she's super sly about it I'll forget that she's two.
4. Ella seems to be enjoying school and is doing okay with the fact that her little boyfriend M is not attending the same school as her this year. To quote Ella, "I think maybe I might marry Jack instead." Oh, dear. Why is this girl in such a hurry to marry herself off? Maybe because Dean and I make marriage look really fun? Actually, on a side note, Ella saw me *kiss* Dean over the weekend, and now she keeps trying to stick her tongue in his mouth. Oops. I actually had to tell her that she can't kiss M that way. But it was probably a waste of words.
5. I still really, really like my new running skirt (we took our third run together this evening).
6. Running is good stress relief, which is a good thing for two reasons: A) I'm stressed to the max right now, and B) I pretty much need to run if I want to be ready for the half in two weeks.
7. We're heading into a long weekend.
8. Since Sadie started school, she has been sleeping past 6 rather than getting up at 5 like she usually does. Of course, I'm certain this is from the physical exhaustion of crying for eight hours straight, but it's still a positive.
9. I get to pick Ella up from school tomorrow.
10. I have a lot of really good friends who have made this week a little easier to take.
liam's college graduation!
2 months ago





No comments:
Post a Comment