Something very strange is happening around our house. For the last month or so, Dean and I have actually been able to go running in the evenings after Sadie goes to bed. We've been alternating nights--sometimes taking Ella along in the jogger, sometimes not. Ella does enjoy the ride, but she is very...chatty. It's sort of hard to answer a never-ending stream of questions (what's that man's name? where is that boy going? why is the sprinkler on? are you running? are we at the bumpy sidewalk yet?) while also running and pushing a stroller loaded with 32 pounds of toddler.
But my point is (whispering now, so as not to jinx it): I think life with two kids is getting the tiniest bit easier lately. I think it's even possible that I might have a life of my own again before too long (just don't tell Ella and Sadie!).
Incidentally, I started going through old clothes last evening, looking to finally get rid of some stuff I haven't worn in years. As I was sorting, I came across these jeans I bought about six months ago. Recently, I had set them aside because they were too big. I tried them on last night just for kicks. Holy cow. You wouldn't believe it. They are HUGE. HUGE. I could wear them and put Sadie inside with me and still have room to spare! I knew I had lost weight (15 pounds since January and probably about 25 since last year at this time), but I guess I didn't really realize how much until I saw these jeans. Cool.
The Cicada Report: Saw five on my run last night, but they were all dead. They're definitely out there though.... Last night, I actually had nightmares about them.
The Potty Report: No poop on the pot since Friday now. *Sigh* But Laura is back today, so maybe Ella will do it for her....
liam's college graduation!
2 months ago





1 comment:
Nat, that is so wonderful about your jeans! Can you please come to Ohio and be my trainer? I just can't seem to get motivated.
I am glad you are feeling more free and easy these days. I always thought that once my kids got past their first birthdays, my life was much easier. I'm guessing it stays that way until the teen years. I'll let you know.
No worries on the potty issue. Once a kid knows it's possible to use the potty for pooping, it's all uphill. Not that my OWN kid is perfect in this department just yet, but at least it's been uphill!
xoxoxox
Laurie
Post a Comment