6/14/2007

Privacy Is Overrated!

Well, so much for that. My very last vestige of privacy has been stripped away. That sound you hear? It's me crying. Ella has decided she really, really enjoys showers. So this morning, she insisted on joining me in the shower. Aside from work, this was my very last place to be alone in all the world. Let's hope showering with Mom loses its appeal fast!

In other news (and perhaps I should have led with this....): Ella pooped on the potty!! Only another parent of a potty-training toddler can fully understand how exciting this is. After months and months of being partially trained and refusing to even try, she walked up to Laura yesterday and declared: "I'm ready to poop on the potty now." Everyone has been telling me that one day she would just up and do it, but I really didn't believe it. Laura (our nanny) was kind enough to save it for me. I know it sounds gross, but it's no grosser than changing diapers! She did it again for me before dinner but then after dinner, she went in the bathroom to poop and came out wearing a pull-up. Honestly, I think she just did this to see what sort of reaction she'd get. We didn't say anything at all about it.

This morning, she is talking a big game about doing it again on the potty. Laura told her they'd go for ice cream today if she did it. I'm willing to bet she'll start doing it consistently for Laura before she does it for us. Laura was so cute. Ella did the whole thing by herself: pooping, wiping, washing her hands. And Laura said: "It's kind of sad; she doesn't need me at all anymore." Ain't that the truth! When Laura leaves us in a few short months, I'm considering not replacing her. Ella is old enough to watch herself and Sadie. (Just kidding--do not call DCFS!!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Woo hoo! Way to go, Ella!

I have to bathe or shower at night after Austin's in bed, by the way. It's the only way I get privacy these days... Oh, the joys of motherhood!

LAURIE IN OH said...

I knew you could do it, Ella! :)

So sorry about the shower, Nat. I sure hope soap doesn't *accidentally* get in Ella's eyes, because that would probably drive her away....

(Kidding, of course! Eventually modesty will drive her away, but that'll be a while.)