After nap, we headed over to Baby Tommy's house to celebrate his second birthday. They had borrowed a fantastic bouncy house for the occasion. What fun! Happy birthday Little T! Sadie celebrated the momentous occasion by saying "cupcake" for the first time. This kid just loves cake. But really--who doesn't?
The fun didn't stop there either. Saturday afternoon, we headed to a bar (yes, a bar!) to celebrate our niece and nephew's graduation from high school and grammar school, respectively. I'll tell you--it feels a tiny bit strange to walk into a bar with two toddlers. Almost sounds like the beginning of a joke, doesn't it? ("A mom walks into a bar with two toddlers....")
Of course, the girls loved the indoor sand volleyball courts at the bar. And paid Gramma the great favor of dusting her entire house and bathroom in sand once the party was over. Really, can you think of a better way to say "I love you!"?
Sunday was a big day for Ella. After spending the morning digging for worms, practicing casting, and learning safe fishing rules, we headed over to a nearby lagoon for Ella's first fishing experience, complete with Barbie (ugh!) fishing pole and flower-shape tackle box.
When you take a three-year-old fishing, you can't have high expectations. I figured she'd cast out once or twice and then get bored. I thought she'd freak about killing the worms. But it really could not have gone better. She had a blast! And probably could have spent all afternoon fishing with Dad if it weren't for the fact that a certain little maniac is a bit unmanageable near large bodies of water. Sorry Sadie--but next time, you stay home!
Oops--I guess I forgot the most important part: No, Ella didn't catch anything. She did get several nibbles though. I'm not sure she is quick enough to actually catch anything at this point. Maybe next time. Ella and Daddy would have gotten a lot more fishing in were it not for a little person who shall remain nameless....
Cicada Report: The cicadas are leaving the building. So long, friends! You will be missed (though not by me....). I guess we'll see you again in 17 years. Who knows where life will have taken us by that point.
Potty Report: Ella sat on the potty for 25 minutes (or so it seemed!) last night trying to "make poo." No luck, and we finally told her good effort but it was time for bed. I really wanted to eat dinner and it was almost 8:30! Not 15 minutes later, she went in her pull-up. But she did at least TRY the potty....





No comments:
Post a Comment