Our weekends have been absolutely exhausting lately. I don't know if this is out of some sort of misguided attempt to accomplish every single fun summer activity immediately so as not to miss out on a single thing or if we are just insane. Probably a little of both.
Friday is my day at home with the girls, and I typically drag them all over town on this field trip or that errand. But knowing that Ella and I had big plans for the evening, we stuck close to home on this particular Friday. Just hung out in the pool, chilling and eating chocolate chip cookies. I'll tell you for future reference: chocolate chip cookies and babies don't mix well on a hot summer day. Oh well. At least we were outside....


After dinner, we left Sadie at home with Grandpa and headed out for a very special girls' night on the town. The zoo was having their annual members'-only picnic, so Ella and I, along with Grandma and Grammy and cousin Jenna headed over to see what it was all about. Ella was especially excited about the picnic because the carousel was FREE all night. Too bad free meant longer lines than usual! Still, we made it on the carousel twice, and Ella had a blast both times.

We ended staying at the zoo until closing time (9:30--way past Ella's bedtime!). On the ride home, Ella entertained us all with a song or two. Once we got home, both Ella and Mommy went straight to bed!

Ella with Grammy
Ella with Gramma
Friday is my day at home with the girls, and I typically drag them all over town on this field trip or that errand. But knowing that Ella and I had big plans for the evening, we stuck close to home on this particular Friday. Just hung out in the pool, chilling and eating chocolate chip cookies. I'll tell you for future reference: chocolate chip cookies and babies don't mix well on a hot summer day. Oh well. At least we were outside....
After dinner, we left Sadie at home with Grandpa and headed out for a very special girls' night on the town. The zoo was having their annual members'-only picnic, so Ella and I, along with Grandma and Grammy and cousin Jenna headed over to see what it was all about. Ella was especially excited about the picnic because the carousel was FREE all night. Too bad free meant longer lines than usual! Still, we made it on the carousel twice, and Ella had a blast both times.
We ended staying at the zoo until closing time (9:30--way past Ella's bedtime!). On the ride home, Ella entertained us all with a song or two. Once we got home, both Ella and Mommy went straight to bed!
Ella with Grammy
Ella with Gramma






No comments:
Post a Comment