Sadie is sick. She had a fever of 101.7 last night, courtesy of our little friends upstairs. Of course, I should note that I knew they were sick and let the girls play with them anyway. Kids get sick. We share a backyard. And Ella is obsessed with the guys to the point that I'm surprised their parents haven't taken out a restraining order. Anyhow, no big deal. Although I'm surprised that Ella didn't get it first since she was kissing the boys on the front porch the other day. And we're talking about open-mouthed kisses here.... All I can say is we're in serious, serious trouble once these girls are dating age. I've got this super bold, semi-bossy girl on the one hand (telling the boys what to do all the time). And on the other hand, I've got this super, super flirty little girl--catching the eyes of everyone in the grocery store and then shooting them 100-watt smiles.
On second thought, maybe it's my girls who are dangerous.
In other news, the nanny is planning to take the girls to the beach today (assuming Sadie is up for it). And.... I'm jealous. I want to go to the beach too!
The Cicada Report: I asked Dean to count bugs on his run yesterday. He claims he didn't see ANY. I do know the girls saw one with Laura. When I asked Ella whether it had been alive or dead, she replied: I don't know. It just looked like maybe it was resting."
My work is positively crawling with the critters though. And after hearing several reports of people ending up with cicadas in their cars, I am now driving with the windows closed and the air on.
I actually had another cicada nightmare last night. I've figured out why they *bug* me so much--they look like roaches, only with wings. Color me obsessed.
Potty Report: Nothing happening on this front. I've decided to invest in a lifetime supply of pull-ups and just hope that her high-school teachers don't mind changing her. :)
liam's college graduation!
2 months ago





No comments:
Post a Comment