I figured I'd tell you about my Daddy's race yesterday since it's probably the only way you'll hear about it.
I'm really starting to think my parents might be crazy. They keep dragging me off on cold and cloudy Sunday mornings to sit around on the damp ground and watch races. I tried to complain about it when we first got to Daddy's race yesterday, but Mommy just said that I'd better get used to it because I'm going to be spending a lot of time at races this summer. She also said that one of these days, one of them is *bound* to actually race in good weather. Mommy thinks the best race weather she's had so far was in December. She said that just isn't right.
We waited around a while so Daddy could get all set up. I complained a lot. It was cold, and there was nothing to do. Finally, though, Daddy was all ready, so Mommy said we could go across the street to Target. She had to return some things, and she said Sadie and I could pick out one thing from the dollar bin and also a ball to play with during Daddy's race. I also helped Mommy pick out some new running clothes. I really wanted her to get this bright yellow shirt. But even though I *insisted* on it, she picked pink instead. I think that will be good, too. It will make her easier to find on race day.
The original plan was to kill some time and then head over to see Daddy at the finish line. But like I said, my Mommy is crazy. She decided she wanted to watch the "transitions" and see Daddy start his bike and his run. Once we were all done at Target, we headed back to the race.
Sadie and I played with our new balls and had some snacks. Mommy was screaming really loud for everyone already racing, and she was hurting my ears. We made a sign for Daddy and did races of our own while we waited. I won a bunch of times, and Mommy gave me a bunch of pretend medals. I really don't know why everyone always acts like running is hard. I'm really fast, and I don't think it's hard at all.
Finally, after a lot of waiting, we saw Daddy come out. He had no shirt on, and it was COLD outside. I wondered if he was cold. I waited by the orange fence and held up my sign. Mommy and Sadie and I were all screaming for Daddy. He got on his bike and rode away.
Mommy wanted to go take a walk so we could watch Daddy do his bike loops, but I put my foot down. I wanted to stay and play with my ball, so that's what we did. Every once in a while, the people around here actually listen to me. It's very rare though.
Eventually, Daddy came back on his bike and then changed his shoes and stuff so he could do his run. Does that seem crazy to anyone else? Why would you want to swim, then bike, and then run? I just don't understand.
Once Daddy left for his run, we went inside for a bit because my sister had a dirty diaper. Then we waited for Daddy--AGAIN. Mommy said that I could "run him in" when he came up toward the finish line. But I got tired of waiting over there for him, so we went back to play with our new balls. We had to cross the street really fast so we didn't get in the way of any of the runners or bikers.
It seemed like we waited for Daddy to come back from his run for a long time, but that's probably just because I had ants in my pants by this point. I really wanted Mommy to let me go to the maze for a while, but she said she thought Daddy would really want me to see him cross the finish line. That part WAS cool. Daddy got a medal, and then we walked over to the end of the race to see him. Mommy made us take some pictures, but all Sadie wanted to do was drink Daddy's Gatorade.
I sort of wish my parents could take up some sort of hobby that involved watching TV on a Sunday morning. But if they're going to insist on doing these races, I told Mommy that we should bring a picnic and a blanket next time. She said that sounded like a good plan.
Even though I got a little bored at Daddy's race, I do think he's the coolest. I told him he did "fantastico." That means "fantastic" in Spanish.
Stay tuned to this blog because I'm running MY first run in just a few weeks. I'm pretty sure I'll win it too. I'm much faster than my mom and dad.
Here are some pictures my Mommy took. Don't tell my Daddy she put these up here.... They're kind of small, but if you click on each photo, it gets way bigger.






No comments:
Post a Comment