I saw this sign along the bike path on Sunday when I was doing my long run. I read it as:
Sell your God for cash!
But it actually said "Sell your gold for cash!"
I think my version was funnier.
Speaking of God....
For SOME reason, they are teaching the three-year-olds about the crucifixion. Now, I realize I sent Ella to a Catholic school and should have expected it at some point. But really--is telling kids a story about NAILING someone to a cross really developmentally appropriate for a three-year-old? I just really don't think it is. Let's keep things light, people. God created the flowers and the birds and the trees, etc., etc. That's along the lines of what I consider appropriate at this age.
So anyway.... Ella asked me the other day if something she was playing with looked like a cross. Being the good Catholic parent I am (not), I told her that the crucifixion thing is just a story. She clearly did not believe me. Mrs. S's word is LAW, and Mommy is not considered a reliable source when compared to Mrs. S. I boiled it down by saying, "Ella, Jesus lived a very long time ago, and no one is absolutely sure what happened with the cross." I'm sure I'm going to hell now, but I don't want my four-year-old walking around with stories of torture in her head.
Anyone want to lay a guess as to how long it is before Ella runs to school and tells everyone her Mommy said that Jesus is just a story, kind of like a fairy tale? We'd better get this kid into public school right quick!
Fun Fact
I saw five deer on my Sunday afternoon run. There's nothing quite like life in the city.
liam's college graduation!
2 months ago





No comments:
Post a Comment