5/06/2008

There Might Not be Anything to See Here

Because several of the (five) people who read this blog have already seen this. So in that respect, I guess this is purely for my own benefit. You see, as anyone who has ever tried to lose weight knows, it just doesn't happen overnight. I personally lose weight at a snail's pace and have had many frustrating moments over the past few years as I struggled to lose the 40 pounds I gained with daughter #1 only to turn around and gain 40 more with daughter #2. A half a pound lost here or there doesn't seem to add up to very much--despite the whole "sticks of butter" comparison. But over time.... Well, I'll just let you see for yourself (below).

Two years passed between the first photo and the second. And, to be fair, I had JUST given birth to Sadie a few months prior to the first photo. But the truly remarkable thing is that of the 25 total pounds lost (that's just one pound short of a Sadie!!) between photo 1 and photo 2, a whopping 15 of those were lost in 2008. Running does a body good, folks.

Someone pointed out not long ago that this blog is supposed to be about the girls. True enough. In that respect, this post is a bit self-indulgent. But I think it's important to spend at least half as much time celebrating our successes as we do ruminating over our shortcomings.

For those of you who are here for your girl fix, I promise you'll get one (complete with photos!) tomorrow. In the meantime, check out how much the girls have grown in the past two years.

No comments: