A few times now, Ella has come home with fabulously impressive drawings of people. Of course, when I asked her who drew said pictures, she would always tell me one of her classmates did it (which I figured was the truth since I recognized one of the kid's mad drawing skillz). Well, the other day, I unearthed this little treasure--drawn on the back of a coloring sheet given to Ella by the librarian during story hour. And when I asked Ella who drew it, she told me that she, herself, was the artist. (I wondered because the kid with mad drawing skillz has a fondness for Sadie.)
Which leads me to my question: Does the fact that Ella drew Sadie mean she actually likes her sister? Or not? I suppose at the very least, Ella's willingness to accept the *reality* of her sister on paper is a step in the right direction. Regardless of the intent behind this masterpiece, I think it's quite a nice rendering of Sadie. I shall treasure it forever. Who needs photos when you've got a master artist in the house? Enjoy!

It's worth noting that for Mother's Day, Ella drew me this rather lovely picture of people drowning in fire (or something along those lines). Hmm.... Maybe it's *me* she doesn't like!!
[Editor's Note: This morning, I asked Ella what this is a drawing of. Here is the conversation that ensued:
Ella: "Well, it can be whatever you want it to be. It can change."
Me: "But what did you tell me it was originally?"
Ella: "That's you, falling into liquid."
Me: "Why am I falling into liquid?"
Ella: "Because of the wicked queen. It's just a drawing. Don't worry, that's not really going to happen to you." She waits a beat. Then asks, "Right?"
Me: "That's right, Ella. I'm not going to fall into liquid."





No comments:
Post a Comment